Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Why Kimbo Why?

Is anyone out there even remotely surprised at the outcome of this fight? The only thing I'm surprised at is Herb Dean not stopping the fight at the end of the 1st round. I'll give it to Roy Nelson for using the crucifix position to win via T.K.O. but it certainly was not an impressive win. Dana White told it right when he said the punches Nelson gave were similar to his daughter's punches. After all the hype of saying this fight is one the MMA's biggest, I just have to ask the UFC what the heck they are thinking about. If this is supposed to be one of the Biggest fights in the UFC then I would rather switch to the WWE and watch John Cena act as if he was black and a part of G-Unit.

Now although the fight was horrible I would watch it again just because I found Rampage to be hilarious in this episode.

I would just like to add one more thing to show how big of a hypocrite Dana White is. Wasn't it Dana who said Gary Shaw was a moron for promotion his shows based on the internet sensation of "Kimbo Slice"? Well whats the UFC doing now? The whole TUF season was hyped up because of Kimbo Slice. This is a smart marketing plan because Kimbo is a bigger name than any other fighter on the show but how is this any better than EliteXC?

2 comments:

  1. Okay I finally saw this fight so I can comment on it. I didn't think it was a bad fight. Roy Nelson said he was going to put Kimbo in a crucifix and he did just that...twice! It's one thing to execute a game plan but to do it with such pin point accuracy is impressive.

    Rampage is such a horrible coach. If it wasn't for his personality, he definitely wouldn't have a gig coaching TUF.

    I don't think Dana White is that big of a hypocrite in this situation. EliteXC offered Kimbo a huge contract to be their star. The UFC isn't paying Kimbo (I don't think so at least) to be featured on a reality show. Dana has always said that he would welcome Kimbo to try out via TUF but would never offer him a contract just like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the UFC has been promoting Kimbo in the show for the past 2 weeks. All I've been hearing was commercials of finally seeing Kimbo fight in the cage. Now that he finally had fought, and lost, the end of the episode made it seem like Kimbo will fight again in the next episode of TUF.

    And I agree with you about Rampage's shitty coaching skills. He never seems to give a good game plan to his fighters.

    ReplyDelete