Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fifa finals - Spain vs. Netherlands

Okay, they may not be in the finals but I'm still an Argentina fan.

Spain (Jeffrey) vs. Netherlands (Canny). What a match that’s going to be on Sunday. Not the teams I was expecting at the finals, but hey, that’s the World Cup for you. It’s funny because when we were all picking teams for out football pool they both picked Argentina to win with me. And after they realized that, Canny chose Netherlands and Jeffrey chose Spain. I guess this just shows you I’m not a huge football fan. Well, at least I know enough to call it football rather than soccer.

Sorry Canny, but I’m cheering for Spain in the finals. Not to go against you but I’m choosing Spain because the its team reminds me of the Canadian 2010 Olympic hockey team.

1) They were the odds on favourite to win the tournament before the World Cup began but they lost to Switzerland in the group rounds, just like Team Canada was the favourite to win Gold but lost to the US in the beginning round.

2) The Spanish team has come back to win every single game after the loss and looked stronger each time they took the field, just like Team Canada did against Germany and Russia in the Winter Games.

3) The Netherlands are like Team USA in the Olympics. No one really expected them to make it to the finals, let alone win every single game they played.

I love to watch teams bounce back from adversary because it brings out the true champions. I respect the Netherlands going for a perfect run in the World Cup but my money is on Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment