Sunday, August 1, 2010

The future of 205

If Brandon Vera has taught us anything its that you should never hype up a fighter before he has proven himself worthy within the top 10 in their weight class. But you know what? I don't care. Jon Jones is the future @ 205. I say he's going to be a champion within 15 months. I would actually say within a year but with Shogun sidelined for another 8 months, and with Rashad being the #1 contender, that's an ambitious goal.

Lets say Jones wins against Vladimir Matyushenko, then I would give him a top 10 fighter. Perhaps the loser of Machida/Rampage? Or if Dana doesn't think he's ready for either fighter, the winner of Lil Nog/ Bader would be a great matchup too.

I guess I'm getting way ahead of myself here seeing that Jones has to get past Vladimir tonight on Versus.

No comments:

Post a Comment