Thursday, August 5, 2010

UFC 117: Brazil vs. USA

The entire main card is stacked with Brazilians vs. Americans @ UFC 117! I'm sorry America, I see Brazil winning this one. My picks are: Silva, Alves, Almeida, Guida. 3/4 advantage Brazil. I didn't include Junior Dos Santos vs. Roy Nelson in the prediction because I'm on the fence about that fight.

Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen
Hats off to Chael Sonnen because he made me actually want to see this fight. After Silva's performance against Demian Maia, most fans were disappointed, but Chael Sonnen's shit talk made us want to see the P4P king pin back in the cage to silence his new opponent. And when I say shit talk I do mean a whole lot of shit talk.

He said something on the line of this:
-"I don't do that whole Jiu-Jitsu bullshit because I find it gay for a guy to be in my guard"-
Okay fine, fair enough. We all have our own opinions. BUT WAIT! Wasn't Sonnen a Division I All-American wrestler?? And isn't the whole objective of wrestling is to grab your opponent's legs and drag them to the ground so you are on top of them? So uhh if Jiu-Jitsu is gay... you're homo.

I can go on for hours of how Chael talks trash but we would be here forever. Here is 1 of the few lines he said that was actually funny: "[Silva] doesn’t come from a bowing culture. If you bow in Brazil, they’ll hit you over your head, take your wallet and walk off laughing." - Chael Sonnen

I'm giving this fight to Silva via KO. I hope its the Anderson we saw vs. Forrest Griffen and not the Anderson we saw against Thales Leites in the cage come August 7th.

Does Chael Sonnen stand a chance?
- Its MMA, everyone has a chance. No one thought Fedor would ever lose but here we are with the Last Emperor off his pedestal. The only way I see Sonnen winning is if Silva loses (no duh). What I mean by that is Chael can only win if Silva comes in not @ 100%. If he comes in out of shape, that's probably not a good idea when Sonnen is across the cage from him. This is a extremely slim chance. The only reason I think it will go past the first round is because I think Silva will allow it to go past 5 minutes. He wants to beat up Sonnen, not just just a win over him.

"One thing's for sure. If you're an MMA fan, you will not wan to miss this fight." - Ed Soares

"
Sonnen has 3 options in this fight. Tap, Snap, or Nap." - Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment