Sunday, June 13, 2010

All for the Relationship

Alright so last night Canny, Jon, and I went to Puck n Wings to watch UFC 115. We saw a couple also watching the fight in front of us but the girlfriend was falling asleep. Canny said something along the line of "See, this is why girls shouldn't watch UFC." And being the guy I am, I had to disagree and I said "The girlfriend should go watch UFC with her boyfriend." So we both said we would write a short blog on each of our sides. Read them both, leave a comment on whether you agree or disagree =)

Yes, I say girls should watch the UFC with her bf. Why? Its not because I think girls enjoy watching people fight on TV but because I think couples (the guy or the girl) should get involved with their significant other's interests. Do you think boyfriends enjoy going shopping to carry their girlfriend's newly bought clothes? Probably not... but they do it for their gf and for the relationship to spend time with each other. And this goes both ways. The girlfriend was obviously bored watching the UFC fight but I found it really sweet how she went with her bf even if she knew it would be so boring. In my opinion, doing things to please your significant other is what a relationship is all about and this is why I think gfs should watch UFC fights with her bf if that's what he is interested in.

Now, in saying this, I just wanted to state I'm not going to force my future girlfriend to watch the UFC with me. If she really dislikes the violence, I will respect that and understand that the UFC isn't for everybody. All I'm saying is girls should go to simply spend time with her boyfriend.

Link to Canny's post: http://that-guy-you-know.blogspot.com/2010/06/wang-vs-chong.html

Whether you agreed or disagreed you heard my opinion, so let me hear yours in the comments below.

7 comments:

  1. For the record... I didn't say Girl should watch UFC... I said "Why would you bring her to a fight" haha

    http://that-guy-you-know.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha fine, but my post answers that question as well. Its about spending time with one another!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeahhh, i also agree that spending time with your boyfriend/girlfriend is really important. even if i dont like to watch ufc i would go too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why else would I play cod and sc when i dislike it? lol :P I think most girlfriends would agree too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was it my gf who was asleep? haha Well, since my gf was there watching UFC with me for the first time, I feel I can comment on this post. I didn't force her to come. I barely even asked her to come. She just told me she had nothing to do and I told her I was watching the fight and half-assedly asked her if she wanted to tag along. She isn't really into watching MMA (finds it violent like most chicks) but I suppose it beats being home alone. Sometimes it's just about companionship. Think of all the chick flicks you would have to endure while in a relationship...

    No, it's not important to me if she actively follows MMA or not. I'm not really looking for a girlfriend who could submit me with a gogoplata. I do think that girlfriends should at least give it a chance before dismissing it as a barbaric sport (same with other things you're passionate with like other sports, video games, etc too). It turned out that she didn't mind watching the fight despite finding it a bit violent. Sure, she doesn't understand the intricacies of the ground game and prefers a stand up war but we all gotta start of somewhere.

    I do feel that it is important that she should go (open-mindedly) at least once but if she genuinely dislikes it after that, then just stay home because like your blogger buddy says, you need some bros time.

    To be honest, there is nothing more romantic than seeing Chuck Liddell get KTFO...again! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL @ the long comment above. i see your friends point that we all need our time apart but with my girl and i both having full time work i like to enjoy the time we can togather.

    so yes, i would like it if she came to watch sports game with me even if she doesnt like sports.

    ReplyDelete
  7. God dammit you won. Haha Congratz

    ReplyDelete