Thursday, June 3, 2010

I hate the rain

Its the 3rd day of work and maybe I should have posted something earlier but everyday its just been: Getting back home from work at about 8pm, eating dinner, passing out on the couch, waking up at 11pm, check emails/ go on msn, sleep at 12am.

First day of work was pretty exciting. I met the accounting department, the law department, and the HR department. Of course they all seemed very nice, except they are all older than me by decades! Like, I think the 2nd youngest person there is the receptionist and she's 26. I remember the first day she asked me "Hey, so did you just graduate?" I'm like "I just finished first year university =)" Then she gave me this weird look O__o because I'm guessing she thought I graduated university. Do I look that old?? I hope not!

Second day of work was a lot worse. I had to walk to union from my work which is about a 15 minute walk. It was raining, but I had an umbrella. Problem solved right? NO ! Stupid puddles on the streets + cars zooming by me = Richard soaked on the sidewalk. It was like getting hit by the Timberwolf Falls ride at Wonderland. Also, the last train leaves Union at 6:30pm and I literally just made it. I had two choices: 1) Jump on the train with outtime stamping my ticket and risk getting caught 2) Time stamp my ticket but not make it on the train. I chose the first one and was praying they didn't check. They checked.... I was just like crappppp. I told them the truth and how I just made it and that it was my first day of work (it was actually my second though har har). The lady gave me a warning. PHEW!

I would add pictures in this blog but it would just be weird if I took out my camera and I take pictures of everything at work. Plus, my company deals with confidential information about other companies so I'm sure my boss wouldn't be happy with me taking pictures.

I walked to Chinatown and ate pho today during lunch. Yum.

Oh yeah, I'm very excited for tomorrow because its casual Friday and I sort of ran out of dress shirts.... ha ha... I need to go shopping this weekend and get more formal wear ><


No comments:

Post a Comment