Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Xbox Generation

The Original Xbox. Super bulky, super annoying to move around. It was first designed as a console aimed towards adults. Oh how I miss the white and black buttons.... I remember the white button was to speak on Xbox live. If you had small hands, that was pretty much impossible unless you had 3 hands. The first controllers were not greatly designed. And the console was more like a brick than a box.
The Xbox 360. A huge upgrade from the original Xbox. The clean white look made it look awesome. The Xbox button in the middle of the controller was a great addition. Before the console came out I kept wondering what the middle button would be able to do. I kept telling myself "maybe its the ultimate attack button where you can only press it when you get the nuke in Modern Warfare!"The Xbox Elite. The console reformatted to end the deadly "Red Ring" curse all Xbox owners are afraid to see. The 120gb harddrive made it much easier to save multiple games without the concern for harddrive space. You can debate whether the white or black looked better but in my opinion they both look sharp.Some call it the Slim, some call it the stealthbox, and other just call it the "new" xbox 360. What ever you call it, its another upgrade. Super quiet with only 1 fan. I can finally hear myself swear on Modern Warfare! I like the nice chrome touch just because I like shinny things. 250gb harddrive. I probably don't need that much space but its always nice to have. It costs just $299 so its the same as the Elite before.

-

The Xbox systems pretty much brought me up as a kid. I would play it for hours and it is probably the reason why I did terrible in grade school. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment