Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Home field Advantage

Its a shame Team Canada isn't in the World Cup because we would have the advantage of playing on Canadian soil. No joke, the grass that's going to be in Johannesburg and at dozens of other practice fields in South Africa was grown in Winnipeg Manitoba.

So enough about Team Canada, or the lack of it. Lets talk about USA vs. England on June 12th (this Saturday). There are many Canadians who are cheering on Team 'Not USA', where they just don't want to see the Americans winning. But hey, who cares! Maybe if we didn't win the gold medal game during the Olympics I would still be bitter against our rivals.

Just like the entire World Cup, I honestly don't care who takes this game or the tournament. First, I'm not a huge soccer fan, actually, I'm not even close to one. Second, I just want to watch strong teams face one another in competitive matches.

BTW - Writing blogs during work is fun and distracting (Y)

No comments:

Post a Comment