Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Lay and Pray fighting

"I hope Anderson (Silva) wins (at UFC 112) because I think Vitor (Belfort) is a lot tougher fighter," Sonnen said after UFC 109. "If I had to choose between the two, I'm going to take the low road and take the easier opponent to the championship." - Chael SonnenThere are two ways I see why Sonnen is talking so much trash in the MMA world.

1) He is simply trying to make a name for himself because he was not well known to the fans before his rants about how everyone else sucks in the UFC. Although people are hating on him now, he is still being talked about because of his dick attitude. Any publicity is good publicity.

2) He truly believes Belfort is the better fighter which I can respect because you can't argue with someone's opinion of who is a better fighter. What I don't like is how he is going on to say Silva won't last 10 minutes in his neighborhood. You have to have more respect for one of the best pound for pound fighters of all time.
Sonnen said his style will beat Silva. Whats Sonnen's style? Wrestling? Maybe you should ask Hendo how wrestlers do against the MW champ before you talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment