Wednesday, February 3, 2010

UFC 109: Relentless

Let me just start off by saying this UFC109 has the most Americans in any card I've ever seen. 17/22 fighters are American!

Randy Couture vs. Mark Coleman
You know, I could bash this fight like everyone else by mentioning their age but I have too much respect for both fighters to do that. 4 out of the 5 UFC champs are/were injured and having the first hall of famer fight between 2 legends is about the best main-event people could have hoped for. My prediction will be it will go all 3 rounds with Randy being victorious, but its hard to say that knowing Coleman doesn't have the same gas tank as he did when he was young.

Coleman's going to go for a double leg take down and use the same old ground and pound that made him a legend. Couture is going to push Coleman into the cage and use his style of dirty boxing with a few take downs here and there when Coleman becomes exhausted.

Nate Marquardt vs Chael Sonnen
Its no secret I think Marquardt should be the fighter facing Anderson Silva at UFC 112 but of course, Dana and I never see eye to eye. Sonnen has everything to gain by defeating Nate but I don't see Nate gaining much from winning. In saying that, Sonnen isn't an easy win either, he took the Dan Miller fight on a 20 day notice and he won it! Hes a tough fighter.

I hope Marquardt finishes the fight in dramatic fashion and leave no questions on the next #1 contender for the MW belt.

p.s. shout out to Maia because hes 1 of the best jiu jitsu fighters in the world and after he wins at 109, he will b at the top of the MW division once again

Matt Serra vs. Frank Trigg
Usually I don't cheer for 1 of the 2 men who ever beat GSP but I'll make an exception when his opponent is Dewey Franklin Trigg III (his actual name). I see Serra more dangerous on the feet and on the ground. Trigg is a wrestler so look for some good GnP. I say Serra via TKO. We'll see if the angry midget can win this fight without it going to the judges because I know he hates them (referring to Serra vs. Hughes fight). I'm not saying I believed Serra beat Hughes but it was definitely a close match.

No comments:

Post a Comment