Saturday, May 22, 2010

UFC 114: Rampage vs. Evans

The long awaited grudge match between Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Rashad Evans is finally set. One of my first blog posts were about Rampage leaving the UFC to follow his acting career in "The A-Team" and after half a year of waiting, us fans can finally watch the much anticipated fight.

I hope I don't hype this fight too much because as part of Greg Jackson's camp you just know Rashad will come out with a great game plan. And unfortunately the best tactic for him would be to use his wrestling background to take the fight to the ground and keep Rampage off-balance. Jackson has great takedown defense but with him being out of the cage for so long, I hope I don't see any ring rust.

I'm routing for Rampage because I want to see a Shogun vs. Jackson fight. It'll be like old times in Pride! But sorry Rampage, I see Rashad being the more complete fighter and that will be your downfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment