Sunday, May 2, 2010

UWAC day 2 + 3 (Heyy, heyy, heyy)

Its Sunday night and I'm not going to lie, I'm super tired but the sleep in the car ride home helped.

UWAC day 2 was better than the first day just because I think I met much more people at the socials + the dance + semiformal + the presentation + creampoloy. There was the case competitions which I simply loved. Sadly, I think the presentation was my favourite part of the conference because I like working under pressure in an advisory role. I know, I'm pretty nerdy for ENJOYING the case, but then again, most of the people who went to UWAC are the students who take initiative and like to get involved.

Jenny, creamoploy = the most confusing game ever!! BUT I would love to play again because now that I understand the game, I also know the strategies to win. I don't know how you invented this game, you're so creative!
UWAC-2010!!!
At the dinner I sat beside a former co-chair. He was the one who picked my sister onto the UWAC team so like wow... Plus his name was also Richard which makes him automatically awesome haha. I talked to him about university and co-op but some how it ended up to be about UFC again haha. We were talking about my trip to Montreal this weekend. Honestly it was great talking to him just because I find MMA fans were a small breed at this conference.

The dance was decent. Alright it was a Waterloo dance so OF COURSE its not like Laurier's but thats because Laurier people are really open (and white) so their dances are usually better. In saying that, the dance was fun but I don't know if I'm saying that because of the alcohol consumption ha...ha.....

After the dance I was lucky enough to party with the UWAC execs (the benefit of being the co-chair's brother muhaha). Christine even bought me alcohol which I did find surprising but was very happy about it =). After people were done drinking I was the garbageman. Does that mean I cleaned up? Helllll no! It meant I finished the liquor in all the bottles! It was about a cup of different vodkas mixed together. What I was really shocked was I shared some with Olivia. These were hard liquors and I assume she does not drink much. Shes so cool, fun to have at a party for sure.

So yeah, that was day 2. Jenny had A LOT of fun. Right Jenny? haha. Jeffrey drank a bit which I can say is very cool. Small steps!

The final day I was running on lack of sleep (I can't complain because UWAC people got much less than me). Breakfast was so yummy! The entire weekend the food was great. Much much better than I expected and the service right up there with the quality of the food.

Andy Thibodeau is an intersting fellow, very funny. I enjoyed his motivational speech. AND I enjoyed watching the slideshow of the UWAC weekend. Andy was right, the music was truly amazing and fit perfectly with the video. I'm SO shocked they knew the song Bedouin Soundclash - "When the Night Feels My Song".

Best person I talked to all weekend was definitely Mr Greenwood. By the end of the conference he knew my name haha. I talked to him every chance I got because since he was in the power business he would have a lot of insight on social responsibily which I'm really interested in. Hope he had a good flight back to Hong Kong. SPEAKING of HK.... It seems like everyone is going back, cough* Jenny... Lucky!!!

UWAC was great I'll probably go one more time, maybe when I'm in 3rd year. For those who actually read these longg blogs about UWAC: Wow you have a lot of time and I will go back to talk about global issues, UFC, and maybe a bit about my life.

UWAC-2010 memories for lifee!

> And I guess since these blogs have been a bit boring I'll throw in a Song of the Day: Find your Love - Drake. Its a brand new song so I'm sure none of you have heard it before, enjoy. If you hear me say "Heyy, heyy, heyy" you will know which song I'm referring to.
I'm more than just an option
(hey hey hey)
refuse to be forgotten
(hey hey hey)
I took a chance with my heart
(hey hey hey)

1 comment:

  1. omggg i love your posts lOL so funny.. hahahaa it was fun.. i guess =p >__<!!!!! and even jeffrey mo drank!! so proud of him =))

    ReplyDelete