Thursday, March 18, 2010

The top pound for pound fighters

Since there are so many big fights involving top P4P in the next month I want to list my top 10 pound for pound fighters before the bouts. One of the easiest ways to get into an argument with a MMA fan is trying to list the best fighters in the world. Here is my view on them.

1) Anderson Silva
2) Fedor Emelianenko
3) Georges St-Pierre
4) BJ Penn
5) Jose Aldo
6) Lyoto Machida
7) Mauricio Rua
8) Gegard Mousasi
9) Dominick Cruiz
10) Dan Henderson

I know my cousin thought Shinya Aoki belonged in that list, and maybe he should be, but I need to see more of his fights before I can do that. Maybe he should leave Dream so North Americans can view how good he is.

Some people might disagree and say Rua > Machida but its tough to argue when Machida is still the champion, for now... (May 8th UFC 113 in Montreal! Brap Brap*)

I think this is a solid list, who knows, this list may dramatically change within the next 6 weeks. I originally had Brian Bowles in the mix but of course after his loss at WEC 47 I had to take him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment