Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Undergraduates vs. The 12year old

Throughout the year my psychology professor mentioned how his daughter was extremely gifted. Shes 12, meaning she is in grade 8 going into high school next year. One day she asked her dad if she can write our midterm exam and his response was "Of course but if you do I want you to actually work hard on it and study for it." Surprisingly she passed all 4 tests which I found to be amazing because psychology is no easy course. I find it especially difficult just because I'm a BBA student and I'm used to balance sheets and cashflow statements instead of biological terms such as Valium, Xanax, and Buspar. Whats even more shocking is his daughter, the 12 year old girl, beat about half the class on our last midterm. Its either we didn't study hard enough or this girl is studying too much.

I guess my prof told us this story because he wanted to motivate the class. Who the heck wants to remember psychology as the class a 12 year old girl beat them on the final exam? I know that story motivated me to study but when I come to think about it, competing with a grade 8 child is quite depressing. But hey, at least I'm not competing with 5th graders.

2 comments:

  1. "motivating you guys" was just an excuse to brag! hahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. "because psychology is no easy course" LOL that's comedic gold

    ReplyDelete