Saturday, April 3, 2010

Kim Po Vietnamese Cuisine

Location: 4/5
Kim Po Vietnamese Cuisine is located at 58 Redlea Ave which is right across from Pacific Mall at Kennedy Rd and Steeles Ave. My dad kept telling me he wanted to take me there to try because he thought it was the best pho place in the area. Location wise I couldn't agree more. It's extremely conventent for me to eat there since I live so close to Pacific Mall.

One thing I would change is the building size. The restaurant is always filled because its quite small. I don't even think there is a washroom for the customers (not too sure, never checked). Parking is difficult with only a few limited spaces all the time. The building may have a few problems but as of the location itself, its perfect.Taste: 4.5/5
The unique quality this restaurant brings is its soup. Most pho restaurant's soup taste decent but you know its filled with MSG. Kim Po's soup is a healthier choice and I actually feel like drinking it while eating my noddles. To not ruin the soup I never put a drop of sweet sauce in the actual soup so I can drink some of it at the end.

The beef is always fresh and they add plenty of tripe which I appreciate. They also give huge pieces of lime which I know sounds like a small factor but I love adding lime to my soup and its the attention to detail this restaurant brings that makes it the best around.

Value: 3.5/5
The large Beef and Tripe noodle soup was $6.85 before tax which is the normal rate. Nothing too special about the price. In my opinion Pho88's XL is bigger than Kim Po's XL but its about quality not quantity!

Verdict: 4 Chuck Norris cards out of 5
Kim Po is the only Vietnamese restaurant I know that is not owned by a Chinese family. Actual Viet people owning a Viet cuisine, yeah I know, shocking. Great experieces there with my dad last week and this week with Canny, Jonathan, and Haoming. For its location and quality of soup, Kim Po gets 4 Chuck Norris cards out of 5.

2 comments: