Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hard work leads to success

I've always believed in the philosophy of hard work will result with success in life. Of course I'm not naive and I know not everything falls into this category.

Like many of you in university I've been doing nothing but study for finals for the past week. Most of my roommates have been doing so too except for one gay exception, figurative and literal meaning intended. In my opinion some people are 'naturally' more book smart than other people, and other people work harder in school to close the disadvantage gap.

I say this because I'm wondering if Stevie (Jenny's nickname for him) is naturally smart. Now that exams are here he does nothing but play his ps2. He plays it from morning until he sleeps, no exaggeration because he even plays when I want to watch the Raptor games. I've never seen him with a textbook in hand for the entire year so is he naturally smart? He left his assignment on the table once and I opened it. He got 13/15, not bad right? Its a 87% He must be naturally smart! But then I flipped the rubric and saw what the assignment was... His assignment was to draw and colour Ontario. What The Heck..... What kind of program is he in?? I did tougher assignments in elementary school!
And people wonder why us BBA students think we are better than the rest of the school...

I guess what I'm getting at here is some people (like Stevie) do nothing in life and get away with it. It will catch up with him (Because he's not even in a professional program! And I know in 10 years I'll be in my executive office while he is still drawing pictures of Canada). So just thought this story will motivate you or at least make you laugh. Don't be like Stevie, work hard.

1 comment:

  1. i know too many book smarts.
    they play games on their laptop and dont pay attention in class, but somehow they tend to tie you (and often better) in marks when you know they dont even give in to more than 30% of your effort. pissoffff :@ LOL

    ReplyDelete