Saturday, April 10, 2010

UFC 112: Invincible

Any time 2 titles are on the line you know its a special occasion.

Silva vs. Maia
The man known as the best pound for pound vs. arguably the best jiu-jitsu practitioner in the the world. Although Maia has the sickest BJJ in the UFC I have to congratulate the the New Jersey fans who boo.ed GSP at UFC 111. (I hate when the crowd boo.s at a UFC fight when someone is using BJJ, stupid rednecks, this is mixed martial arts not street fighting 101). I doubt Silva will allow this fight to touch the ground and even if it does I don't see Maia being able to hold him down for long. I hope this fight goes better than the Thales Leites failure. I see Anderson winning the belt but I say its going to go to the judges sadly.

Penn vs. Edgar
A closer fight than the other title match but its tough to go against BJ Penn. One of the best lightweight champions of all time has great boxing backed up with amazing takedown defense. Oh yeah, did I mention, his BJJ is incredible too. I'm a fan of Franky Edgar because he was an underdog for so many of his fights and who doesn't love to cheer on the underdog? A lot of people have this fight going to BJ but I like Edgar's match up to Penn. Could we see a new LW champion? If we do, Franky Edgar would be the one to dethrone the champ.

Hughes vs. Gracie
I love Gracie Jiu-Jitsu but GJJ's time has passed. This is the new MMA and Gracie Jiu-Jitsu no longer has the same effect as it did when the UFC first started. I give this fight to Matt Hughes hands down.

1 comment:

  1. Dana was so mad at Silva. I don't blame him either.

    ReplyDelete