Sunday, April 18, 2010

Shitty Strikeforce

Let me just say I believe Strikeforce will one day become bankrupt for its lack of marketing strategy, but until then, it is still a decent alternative to the UFC. Oh and let me clear this up because I talk about mixed martial arts quite often and not everyone understands.

>MMA = mixed martial arts
>UFC = ultimate fighting championship
>TUF = the ultimate fighter - A reality show by the UFC where the winner gets a contract with the UFC
>UFC and Strikeforce are companies of MMA just like how the NBA is a league for basketball

One thing I absolutely love about Strikeforce is how its always for free on CBS. And this past Saturday they had some great headlines on their card. Of course some of the fights were a bit boring (Mousasi vs. King Mo) and some were just disappointing (Aoki).There were many reasons I didn't enjoy watching this card. Of course I can't believe Henderson lost (boo!) but the brawl with Jason Miller at the end was uncalled for. Fight in the ring like professionals, not some 12 year old kids!

2 comments:

  1. i think the brawl was more for publicity than anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean? Like it was planned?

    ReplyDelete