Friday, October 9, 2009

Let the Battle Begin

The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 trailer came out a while ago but I never got around to talk about it. I was a huge MW (Modern Warfare) fan. Playing it everyday, trying to prestige all 10 lvls. I just hope MW2 can live up to its prequile. I never got into the game of COD: World at War because it came out during my grade 12th year so I didn't have much time to play. So this is why I enjoy the MW series more than the World War games. (In this blog I might be regarding to Xbox360s only and thats only because I have that console, no disrespect to the PS3 and PC fans out there)


Lets start off by saying I can't wait to try the co-op Special Op mode since MW did not have any co-op mode to play. Great thing is that your co-op player can be over Xboxlive and not just in your home. This is an awesome feature for the fact that I enjoy co-op modes but hate split-screens.



So I’m really interested in the “Riot Shield” It reminds me of when Halo came out with the Energy sword. But some how I don’t think a “Riot Shield” will be equally as cool as the “Energy Sword”. Back in MW the UAV and air strike were good kill streak perks but some people said the helicopter was too cheap when you got a 7 kill streak, for all those people I have one thing to say “Wait till u see the kill streak perks for MW2!” heres a list of the bonuses:

  • 3 - UAV: Deploys a UAV to scan the map and reveal enemy locations.
  • 4 - Care Package: "Air drop a random killstreak or ammo". Deploys by throwing a red smoke grenade. The care package can be picked up by anyone once it hits the ground, including the enemy team.
  • 4 - Counter-UAV: Blocks an enemy UAV.
  • 5 - Sentry Gun: Allows the player to deploy an automated XM312 machinegun. The gun automatically fires at enemies in its line of sight, but it can be destroyed by enemy fire.
  • 5 - Predator Missile: Fires a controllable missile at a designated target area. However, the user is defenseless while controlling the missile.
  • 6 - Precision Airstrike: Initiates an airstrike on a targeted area much like the Airstrike in Call of Duty 4. However, the user can now control the direction the airstrike comes from.
  • 7 - Attack Helicopter: Deploys a helicopter to attack enemy players.
  • 9 - Pave Low: Deploys a Sikorsky MH-53. Described as a more heavily armored attack helicopter which possesses two turrets.
  • 11 - AC-130: Deploys an AC-130 gunship that the player controls. However, the user can not directly defend themselves while commanding the AC-130.

So I will assume when you get a 4 kill streak and 5 kill streak will get an option on which perk to use, which is pretty good depending on the situation you are put in. I am not too sure what the AC-130 does but if its a 11 kill streak, it must be good. And the Pave Low perk just sounds like a more heavily armed version of the Attack Helicopter which is awesome.


Although I am not sure about all the new perks and weapons in MW2 this would be how my character is suited up.

Primary Weapon: P90 with silencer

Secondary Weapon: Golden Desert Eagle

Special Grenades: Stun Grenade

Perk 1: Sleight of Hand Pro

Perk 2: Cold Blooded

Perk 3: Scrambler

So if any of you play COD:MW I would love to see how you would suit up your character too. I'll probably change mine around once I play the game because I’ll probably like using the new weapons more.

I hope multiplayer will have equally as well plotted maps as MW but one thing I wish would change is the martyrdom perk. This perk would drop a live grenade as the other player dies which I think shouldn't be in the game. Its a fun perk as a beginner but I am curtain all those people out there who are equally big fans, or perhaps bigger, agree when I say martyrdom is for noobs!

I can’t wait for this game to come out on November 10th 2009. Let the Battle Begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment