Saturday, October 24, 2009

Swine Influenza

Hey lets all congratulate Canada's health care system because once again we showed we are the slowest at doing everything! Canada just got the swine flu vaccine on Oct. 16, about a week after the U.S. and countries around Europe got their vaccinations. But is this a bad thing? I don't think so, I say only about a third of Canadians will get the shot. I'm sure some people still have the 1976 flu vaccine in their minds. A flu outbreak came out and companies created a vaccine without enough testing because of the great demand for the shot,which caused at least 25 related deaths.

I am not telling people to not take the shot if they feel sick but if you are a perfectly healthy adult you should be fine without the dose. There are a number of "rare" allergic reactions to the vaccine. These people got paralyzed for life, and if they didn't take the shot they would have been fine. The swine flu isn't killing normal healthy people so I just don't see a real need for it. The media is simply trying to push the public too hard to take the vaccine (as they always do). On another note, please don't take my opinion for fact and blame me if anything does happen to you (knock on wood).

I am not too sure whether I should laugh or be worried because apparently there was an outbreak of swine flu for turkeys at a farm near Kitchener, Ont. And the government is pushing farmers to give their livestock the flu shot which I find ridiculous.

1 comment:

  1. That suckss!!...wow.. who checked off funny in the reaction box..

    ReplyDelete