Monday, December 21, 2009

Adolescence Racism

What is "adolescence racism?" Its the discrimination against teens from adults. Of course teenagers are not literally a race per say but I just want to show how big of an issue this is.

What made me to make this post is when I went lane swimming last night and I was in the sauna. These two old men were having small talk and I had to easedrop because the sauna room is quite small. The conversation literally went like this. (For simplicity I will give them nicknames)
Surprisingly, these guys actually look very similar to Douchebag and Dickface

Dickface: You know, I never put my wallet and car keys in my locker anymore because of the darn kids. They always break into the lockers and steal your things.

Douchebag: Really? Why do you say that?

Dickface: Oh man, because my brother-in-law put his stuff in there once and those kids just broke in and stole all of his stuff, including his car. After I heard that story I had to take all belongings my with me inside the pool so no one can do that anymore. Its just those damn kids always try to break in and steal stuff.
Now remember, I'm pretty much still a teen, and Dickface kept glancing over at me after he talked shit about kids. I didn't really care what Dickface was saying because he was probably one of those boys who got picked on in high school so now that hes an adult he has an image of all teenagers to be "bad." Of course there are some teens out there who are just awful, but
every group has its bad apples (a horrible metaphor for an underrated issue).
The big story months ago about these eight teenagers in Lakeland, FL beating up one female teen

Dickface may be the reason I wrote this blog but he is not the only one to blame. How many stores have you gone to where they say "Only 2 teenagers in store at once." This is just a prime example of how bad adolescent teens are treated. Can you imagine a sign that said "Max 2 jews in at once"? That store would get closed so fast you wouldn't even be able to finish reading the racist sign.

2 comments:

  1. A store won't likely see that many jews anyway because it's not like they'll be spending any money. Zing! Thank you. I'll be here all week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAhahahaha you actually wrote about it....

    ReplyDelete