Saturday, December 12, 2009

Roy "Big Belly" Nelson

The Ultimate Fighter just doesn't have the same reputation as before. Its been a week and the new winner, Roy "Big Country" Nelson, still has a lot of haters out there. Even though many of the haters are MMA punks who don't know much about the sport, its still annoying. I have no problem with someone hating a fighter, but to hate them because of their looks is ludicrous. This is mixed martial arts! 2 warriors are in the cage trying to hurt the other person, if you're good looking... you're not going to be for long in the UFC.
That is one big Keg

I've seen people (friends of mine on facebook) saying he can't throw a punch. Hmm.... lets think about that. They said this AFTER he got a KO victory. I don't want to name people but I honestly wanted to comment on it and say "you're retarded."
I didn't know he could jump that high

Fedor Emelianenko is arguably the best pound for pound fighter in the world and in my opinion he is the best heavyweight in the world. He looks like a regular Joe to me. He doesn't have abs, he definitely ain't pretty, so why are people saying Roy Nelson shouldn't be in the UFC just because he doesn't have the body?
You are currently looking at one of the best fighters in MMA history

I am someone who will pick on Roy Nelson for being an incredibly fat fighter, but that doesn't mean I don't respect the guy. If you can fight, you're a fighter and he is definitely a fighter! Whether you have the body of Georges "Rush" St-Pierre or the body of Darrill "Titties" Schoonover is regardless.Nelson's biggest fight was probably against Andrei Arlovski and lets not forget Big Country was also a former IFL champion when he won it in 2007. I'm not saying Roy Nelson is at the top of the food chain and he still has a lot to prove but in my opinion he is a solid fighter. He can give any fighter trouble with that big belly of his.

No comments:

Post a Comment