Saturday, December 19, 2009

Goodbye to the Best and Farewell to the Beautiful

MLB
I know its almost been a week since the Roy Halladay trade but I still feel saddened from the news. He is the best pitcher in the league and was the only bright side to a falling team. I only watched the Doc pitch once against the Boston Redsox a few years ago and even though we lost the game I still enjoyed watching the best arm in the game pitch. If you want a full blog about this, I recommend reading "The End of an Era" by Hungry Leafs Fan (link in the side bar ->).To be the best does not mean throwing one great game. To be the best means to be consistent at throwing your pitches. Roy Halladay, you are the best pitcher in baseball.

UFC
A shock to the UFC world didn't even involve a fighter this week. Logan Stanton and Natasha Wicks were both dropped by the UFC. Natasha has not been big as a ring girl yet but the drop of Logan has made me furious! When I tune in to the UFC I expect to see Arianny and Logan but that won't be happening any more.

2 comments:

  1. Jays are gonna be facing Phillies @ Rogers Centre next year when interleague comes around. Perhaps we should get tickets for it to give Halladay a standing O? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah that would be awesome, its going to be so packed that night!

    ReplyDelete