Thursday, November 5, 2009

The World Series Recap


Yes the Yankees did it again, the only surprise is its already been 9 years. You know, I hear people out there saying NY bought their rings and the only reason they have 27 championships is because of their big payroll. Money isn't everything to a championship, just look at the leafs, one of the richest teams in the NHL and is tied for the worst record in the league (I'm sorry Dennis, I had to say it).

Like I said, the series ended in 6 and the long ball played a huge factor. 17 home runs in total. Hideki Matsui played the series of his lifetime and A-Rod actually played well in the 2nd half of the series, unfortunately... The Yankee's 3 man roster worked but they probably would have won regardless. They are now the team to beat and the Yankees finally back on top.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa whoa whoa, let's back up a bit. The Leafs make a shitload of money but there's been a salary cap in place for the past 4 seasons! When there wasn't a cap, the Leafs were always one of the better teams in the league despite not winning a cup. Money might not buy championships persay but they do buy a competitive team and you can't deny that.

    Ever since the Yankees started dishing out money like nothing in the mid 90s, they have been a playoff team and won a few championships. I don't give the Yankees props...they won with a $200+ payroll. What are the Jays at? Give a team that much to spend and they will be right there in the thick of things. I don't even think our payroll is over $80. MLB really needs a cap system in place to make things competitive...either that or open up the number of playoff spots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get me wrong, I'm just saying its ironic how the richest team in the NHL had the worst record. I honestly think the Leafs still have potential this season even with their slow start in the 1st quarter.

    I think all those people who say F the leafs because they are the same as the past few years are just plain retarded. The team is completely reborn and those people know nothing of the game. I don't watch many Leaf games these days but I watched the Lightening one and I think the overtime goal was ridiculous. Although we got the OT loss we had a lot of chances to the win the game. The wins will come as long as the Leafs can play the way they have in the past week.

    ReplyDelete